Great Barrier Reef Tour Cairns, the Best way to see the Reef
Join us on board our high speed Catamaran “Reef Experience” for an unforgettable day visiting 2 pristine Outer Great Barrier Reef tour locations and discover the breath-taking wonder of this World Heritage environment.
Reef Experience is Cairn’s only ALL inclusive Great Barrier Reef tour which also offers a FREE Scuba Dive and Glass-bottom boat tour.
Catering for all levels in Swimming, Snorkeling and and Scuba Diving, everyone will find the perfect way to experience the Great Barrier Reef.
Experienced Swimmer or Snorkeller? Our crew will show you to the best patches of coral and can tell you where to find the marine marvels that call the reef their home.
Never Snorkelled before or can’t Swim? Our friendly and professional Crew are always ready to jump in and assist everybody who needs help to ensure that you are comfortable with your equipment and introduce you to some of our friendly fish! We are passionate about our guests having fun and experiencing the magic of our Great Barrier Reef Tour.
A day on the Great Barrier Reef Tour will be one of the most memorable days in your life.
- 07:30 – Board Reef Experience boat at the Cairns Marina ‘A-Finger’ for check-in View map to Cairns Marlin Marina
- 08:00 – Approximate departure & Safety Talk with snorkel briefing
- 08:30 – Marine Biology presentation, followed by detailed scuba dive briefing for those participating
- 09:30 – Arrive at our first spectacular reef site, snorkel & dive with thousands of vivid tropical fish, giant clams plus more
- 10:30 – Glass Bottom Boat Tour (approximately 20 minute tour)
- 12:30 – Lunch
- 13:00 – Cruise to our second location to explore forests of coral, large sea fans & black coral trees in it’s shallow lagoons
- 15:00 – Depart the Great Barrier Reef
- 15:30 – Glass of wine, tropical fruits, cheese & biscuits
- 16:30 – Arrive back in Cairns
Tour Highlights & Inclusions
- Up to 6 hours at two pristine Outer Great Barrier Reef Tour locations
- Unlimited Snorkeling at morning and afternoon locations. All equipment INCLUDING wetsuit hire
- FREE Scuba Dive* (Certified Dive qualified OR Resort Dive no-experience necessary at the first reef location for everyone over age 12 and medically fit to scuba) Medical Conditions do apply – click here for more information
- FREE Glass Bottom Boat Tour (weather permitting)
- FREE Pick up and Return to Cairns City Accommodation
- FREE Marine Biology Presentation
- Breakfast consisting of barbecue bacon & egg rolls, coffee, tea and fruit platters
- Delicious Buffet BBQ lunch with an assortment of fresh salads
- Cheese & fruit platter & complimentary wine on return journey
- All dietary requirements catered for. (Vegetarian/gluten free etc: please advise upon booking).
- All food is locally sourced where possible and prepared fresh by on-board Chef
- FREE Crew assistance for non-confident snorkelers (flotation aids available). Friendly and professional crew are ready to jump with everyone who require assistance to have fun and experience the magic of the reef!
- Large Sun Deck with padded loungers and air conditioned indoor areas
- Reef tax, fuel levy & national park fees. Unlike other operators, mandatory levies for visiting the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park are included in this trip cost so there won’t be extra charges on the day
- No hidden costs!
- Underwater Digital Camera Hire
- Snack Bar Purchases: Soft drinks, chocolate, chips, alcohol etc.
- Marine Biologist Guided Snorkel Tour of the reef: Snorkel with an experienced Marine Biologist and learn about the marine life you see on an educational and interactive tour
- Great Barrier Reef souvenirs – T-shirts, hats etc
- Dive Guides for already qualified ‘Certified’ scuba divers (dive guides included for beginner divers)
- Prescription Mask Hire if you require stronger lenses to see (contact lenses can be worn in most circumstances)
- Bus transfers from accommodation outside of the Cairns Business Area
- Second Scuba Dive at our beautiful afternoon reef location
What to Bring
- Cash and/or credit card for purchases
- Swimming Clothes, Towel, Hat, Sunglasses, Sun Cream
- Proof of qualification if you’re a Certified Diver
How to get there
Boarding commences at 7:30 am for check-in, directly on the vessel ‘Reef Experience’Arrive back to Cairns Marina at approximately 4:30pm
Important Information for Scuba Diving
We have a passion to show you Australia’s Great Barrier Reef so please make sure you understand the scuba diving laws.
Queensland, Australia has some of the strictest scuba diving rules in the world but also the safest scuba diving record. We are regulated by the Queensland Government Code of Practice and comply with all rules including medical as is the law.
To avoid disappointment on your day of travel we strongly recommend that all of our passengers complete our dive medical questionnaire prior to booking as some medical conditions, age and / or medications may prevent you from scuba diving. It is always our mission to provide our passengers with the very best Great Barrier Reef experience.
We are very happy to help you with any questions you may have. Please Contact our office on 07 4037 2700 or email us at [email protected]
Or alternatively, you may like to consult your own Doctor for a Dive Medical using the Australian Standard Forms ‘AS.4005.1
Flying after Scuba DivingFor a single no decompression scuba dive, you should not fly or go to altitude for at least 18 hours after a scuba dive. For multiple dives you should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive. If Skydiving or Hot Air Ballooning you must wait 24 hours after your dive. We recommend waiting a minimum 24 hours whenever possible