Cairns Skyrail – Discover Tropical North Queensland’s Rainforest Experience
Cairns Skyrail is located 20 minutes north of Cairns. The Skyrail spans between the towns of Caravonica and Kuranda. It is the perfect way to see the rainforest. Offering great flexibility for people who wish to visit the “Village in the Rainforest”. You will get to explore Kuranda’s daily craft markets.
About Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
Not only beautiful but sustainable too! Cairns Skyrail is an excellent example of ecotourism. Specifically engineered for breathtaking views, there’s no better way to see the rainforest! As the Skyrail takes you high above the canopy, your view of the rainforest will be completely unrestricted.
Stop off at not one but two different stations to explore the rainforest from the ground. Red Peak Station provides a beautiful walk along a boardwalk through the trees. Barron Falls Station provides a spectacular view of the famous Barron River Waterfalls.
To combine the Cairns Skyrail with the Scenic Train, click HERE.
- When approaching the first rainforest mid-station Red Peak, your gondola will descend through the canopy layers and take you deep in the forest
- Red Peak Station is 545 metres above sea level our 175-metre boardwalk for provides a wonderful opportunity to explore the rainforest from ground level
- Take a complimentary guided boardwalk tour and find out about our fascinating eco-system.
- Barron Falls station will provide you with an awesome view of the majestic Barron Falls
- Learn about the rainforest at the Rainforest Interpretation Centre.
- A one way Skyrail experience will take approximately 90 minutes to complete so for our return service you should allow at least 2 1/2 hours. Why not spend some time in Kuranda ‘The Village in the Rainforest’ – allow at least another hour or so for a wander.
- Return Skyrail Experience, departing from Smithfield or Kuranda.
- Tour Includes return transfers from Cairns City Accommodation.
- Stops in all above-listed stations
- The Cairns Skyrail is open every day except for Christmas Day
Have an even better experience!
For a spectacular view upgrade to our unique glass floor gondola allowing our guests a unique perspective of the treetops and the forest floor below. Diamond view gondolas carry a maximum of 5 passengers and depart stations approximately every 7 minutes.