Hartley’s Crocodile Adventures
Hartley’s Crocodile Adventure has been operating in the Cairns region for over 20 years. Especially unique in its experience, there is certainly nothing quite like it! This adventure park is the best place to see crocodiles and wildlife in North Queensland. In addition to crocodiles, there is much more to see and do at Hartley’s.
This award-winning attraction is proudly family-owned and operated. Hartleys Crocodile Adventures is a real highlight to all visitors to North Queensland. The Freeman family have been operating Hartley’s Crocodile Adventures since 1986. Covering 28 hectares, the sanctuary is located in Wangetti Valley. Nestled within a Wet Tropics World Heritage Area. As a result, Hartley’s can provide habitats as close to natural as possible. This focus on the animals is truly inspiring. Not only are they all about the wildlife, but also members of Ecotourism Australia. In order to create a sustainable environment, a lot of focus has been delivered on energy and water conservation. As well as Rainforest restoration projects.
So much to see, so little time…
Hartley’s Crocodiles has grown over the years, so it is not just about the Crocodiles! Now featuring a range of wildlife, including some you can even hold for a photo! In fact, you can find Koalas, wombats, alligators and Komodo Dragons. Not to mention also predatory birds, reptiles and exotic snakes all feature throughout the park.
All in all, there are five different areas of the park waiting to be explored!
All in all, this is the number one spot to get up close and personal with Crocodiles. These Melaleuca wetlands provide habitats as natural as possible. As well as being a beautiful area to look at! You can join a 25-minute boat cruise in Hartley’s Lagoon since this is included in your admission ticket.
Wildlife Discovery Trail
Take a walk through this trail to see not just crocodiles but also a variety of other animals. Spend some time in the Tropical walk-through aviary and spot some colourful tropical birds. In case you need to take a short break, stop by the viewing station at the turtle pond. Watch these little guys swim around and see if you can spot their bubbles. There is so much to see with Koalas, Wombats, Tamarins and Komodo Dragons!
Head on in for the eye-opening Evolutionary Walk. Because the planet has changed throughout the ages, learn how our wildlife has adapted to survive! Here you will find lizards galore, Emus, Fruitbats, as well as our old friends – Kangaroos and Wallabies.
You will be in awe when you come face to face with a Cassowary. The Southern Cassowary is the most common found in this region. You can learn about the role they play in the survival of our Rainforest ecosystems. As they are an endangered species, you can learn what you can do so that you can help protect them. Before long, it is time to head into the bird aviary to spot some Kookaburras and Owls.
Hartley’s Creek Crocodile Farm
Guided tours are on offer through the Sustainable Crocodile Farm. Here you can learn about the commercial operations of crocodile farming so as to help conservation efforts. After all, farming helps the conservation efforts of crocodiles. Especially don’t forget to stop past Charlie’s display on your way through! Charlie has called Hartley’s home since 1935. This is the longest duration in captivity than any other Crocodile. Truly a local Icon, Charlie has built himself quite the fan base!
Have limited time and want to see more? You can combine your Hartley’s Adventure with a visit to Kuranda on the Kuranda and Hartleys Crocodile Adventure.
Or why not head to the Reef to cool off after your dry day on land. Reef Experience offers an incredible day out while also being a fully inclusive tour!
- Hartley’s Lagoon
- Wildlife Discovery Trail
- Gondwana Gateway
- Cassowary Walk
- Hartley’s Creek Crocodile Farm
Hartleys Show Times
- 9:00 am – Cassowary Feeding
- 9:00 am – Crocodile Farm Tour
- 10:00 am – Snake Show
- 11:00 am – Crocodile Feeding
- 1:00 pm – Crocodile Farm Tour
- 2:00 pm – Snake Show
- 3:00 pm – Crocodile Attack Show
- 4:00 pm – Cassowary Feeding
- 4:30 pm – Koala Talk
- 10:30 am & 1:30 pm – Koala Pat Photos – Pat a koala while they sit on their perch.
- 11:30 am & 2:30 pm – Koala Hold Photos – Hold a Koala for your photo
- 10:00 am to 4:00 pm – Python & Croc Holding Photos (except during Koala Photo Sessions)
After the 11:00 am Crocodile Feeding, get the chance to pole feed your own Croc! Available only from October to April.
The Admission Fee to Hartleys Crocodile Farm includes a Boat Cruise through Hartleys Lagoon. On arrival at the park, you will be advised of your allocated cruise time.
All Photos and Feeds are booked and paid for directly at the Park Admission counter.
Koala Holding Photos
- $29.00 – Singles (one person holding Koala)
- $36.00 – Couples (Two persons in photo, One person holding Koala)
Koala Patting Photos
- $21.00 – Singles (one person standing next to a Koala sitting on a branch)
- $29.00 – Couples/Family (2-5 persons stand next to Koala sitting on a branch)
Python & Croc Holding Photos
- $23.00 – per person. Available between 10:00am-4:00pm except during Koala Photo Sessions
- $15.00 – Available October to April, after the 11:00am Crocodile Feeding Show
What to bring
- Sensible walking shoes
- Bottle of water
- Entry to Hartley’s Crocodile Adventures
- Sunscreen and mosquito repellent
- A wheelchair is available for customers at no charge
- Must be booked by 4.00 pm the day prior. Subject to availability.
- We cannot guarantee the above-mentioned animals are available on the day.
- Start times may change. Time advised on booking.
- The minimum age for participants:
- Big Croc Feed, minimum age 16 years.
- Reptastic 5 minimum age of 10 years. (Must be accompanied by a paying adult who is also doing the Reptastic 5 experience)
- Zootastic 5 and Feathertastic: 10 years. (Must be accompanied by a paying adult who is also doing the Zootastic 5 experience)
- Mammal Magic: 6 years. (Must be accompanied by a paying adult who is also doing the Mammal Magic experience)
- The maximum number of participants:
- Big Croc Feed: 4 persons
- Reptastic 5, Zootastic 5, Mammal Magic and Feathertastic: 6 persons
- Cost includes entry, personalised tour, boat cruise and public presentations.
- Children must be at least 1.2 metres tall to hold a Koala by themselves.
- No child price for Feathertastic, Reptastic 5, Zootastic 5. Only paying participants may join the Feathertastic, Zootastic 5, Reptastic 5 tour.